A Fortnight of Food & Drink in Bella Italia

Sunday 21 July 2013
Did you miss me? Just got back yesterday from a fortnights holiday in Tuscany. Had a fantastic time staying at Norcenni Girasole Club. Wifi access was somewhat limited so didn't manage to blog (with the exception of a couple of pre-scheduled posts) but shared our Italian adventures in food on my Facebook page. If you'd like to like me there you'll keep up to date with all of my foodie blethers Foodie Quine on FacebookI'll be blogging in depth about various aspects of our trip in due course, but meanwhile here's a pictorial summary of what I've already shared with my Facebook likers. 
Awesome first meal in Italy

Toasting Mr Murray's Wimbledon win with Chianti and BBQ

Like a kid in a Sweetie Shop in Florence

Lunch in Florence at Le Antiche Carrozze

Awesome setting for my Tuscan Cookery Course at Villa La Palagina

Tortoleni stuffed with Ricotta, Parmesan and Herbs

Focaccia

Spaghetti

Gnocchi with Pesto

Lunch in Siena

Tuscan wine tasting night at Villa Norcinni Cellar with wines from il Colombaio di Cencio

Why do UK supermarkets look nothing like this?

Girl thought she'd died and gone to heaven with the Italian answer to deep fried Mars Bar. Nutella Pizza.

This is the way to drink late night coffee. With Amaretto, Baileys and Cream.

Lunch in San Gimignano. Risotto with Truffle for me at Hotel La Cisterna

Foodie temptation



Developed a serious Ice Cream habit. I'm blaming a combination of the heat and the fact that Italian gelato can not be beaten. Favourite flavours so far have been Raspberry & Rosemary and Pink Grapefruit & Prosecco.


Pizza in Pisa.

Wonderful visit to an organic vineyard at Podere Luisa

Complete opposite in the afternoon at an International Wine Cellar. Lamole di Lamole


The biggest and tastiest steak ever. Steak Florentine.


Reward for many stairs climbed. Chip pizza. Even more of a food sin than Nutella Pizza?!


Sights, smells, tastes and sounds of Florence Market. The jury is still out on the Tripe Sandwiches...


The last supper in Bella Italia

3 comments

  1. I'm glad I've just eaten my supper as this is perhaps the most hunger-inducing blog post EVER. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....it looks like soooo delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - the first night pizza looked delicious! I went to Rome when I was a student and I LOVED the food - subtle differences to how the British have copied it... but just so fresh! Must go back one day!

    ReplyDelete

Foodie Quine. Design by Mimi Hammill. Powered by Blogger.